About Nationally Competitive Scholarships at OUSF
OUSF is the resource center for all Duke students and alumni applying for most nationally competitive scholarships, especially those with a campus endorsement process. These scholarships and fellowships support a wide variety of opportunities during the undergraduate years and beyond. We welcome all students interested in learning more about scholarships to make an appointment with the office.
Scholarships that will fund experiences or tuition while in college:
- tuition costs (Udall and Goldwater)
- language study (Boren and CLS)
- study and enrichment abroad (UK Fulbright Summer Institutes and Gilman)
Scholarships that will fund experiences or tuition after college:
- tuition costs (Rhodes, Marshall, Mitchell, Schwarzman, Fulbright, Beinecke, Truman)
- language study (CLS)
- research and/or enrichment abroad (Fulbright, Luce)
Some scholarships are open to alumni and we welcome them into our processes.
Explore opportunities in detail with the Search All Opportunities link at the left of this page. You will find over two hundred opportunities including nationally competitive scholarships and fellowships, as well as internship and post-graduate work opportunities on which the Career Center advises.
While much of our focus is on opportunities for undergraduates with U.S. Citizenship, we are happy to work with all Duke students and alumni from any degree program.
- International students and New Americans should look into: Rhodes, Gates-Cambridge, Schwartzman, PD Soros and DAAD.
- Graduate and professional students should look into: Fulbright, PD Soros, DAAD and NSF.
Currently Recruiting for:
Goldwater Scholarship -- preliminary application due October 27.
Truman Scholarship -- registration required by October 30