One year work placement in any field and language study in East, Southeast, and South Asia
Deadline during the Fall semester
Academic DisciplineArts & Humanities
STEM (Science Technology Engineering Math)
CitizenshipU.S. Citizen, Non-US Citizen
StatusSenior Year, Young Alumni
Stipend and Living Expenses
The Luce Scholars program brings young Americans to Asia in order to deepen their ties and understanding of the countries, cultures, and people there. Scholars live and work in one of 19 Asian countries for 10 months as well as attend two months of intensive language training and one month of orientation.
Luce Scholars is committed to engaging young professionals who might not otherwise have an opportunity to get to know and build professional networks in Asia.
The scholarship provides a monthly living stipend and travel expenses. Scholars also participate in community-building activities, cultural education, and intensive language training.
Scholars also gain access to a strong alumni network and ongoing opportunities for networking, collaboration, and advancement.
- Candidates must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Candidates may be graduating seniors, recent graduates, or young professionals under the age of 32 or, no more than three years out from receiving a bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates who have majored in Asian Studies are now eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have spent 18 weeks or more (since beginning college) in one of the countries where we place Luce Scholars are eligible to apply to be placed in a country where they do not have significant experience.
- Interest and embrace of diverse perspectives, beliefs, and modes of living
- Commitment to serving and supporting others