Thank you for taking the time to write a letter of recommendation for a nationally competitive scholarship application. Yours is a valuable contribution to this formative process and we appreciate your advocacy on behalf of the applicant.
Please be aware, it is a matter of NCS policy that applicants must waive their right to see your letter of recommendation. We also cannot accept letters authored by applicants; the endorsement must be from the letter-signer.
At any time in the process, from brainstorming the first draft to finalizing your letter, we are delighted to help. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to discuss further or for questions or concerns.
|Number of Recommendation Letters||3|
|Application Deadline||September 20, 11:59 PM Eastern|
You will receive a link by email from the national foundation (check your spam folder) and must submit the letter online by the application deadline. No exceptions are made for late materials. It should be a signed PDF on letterhead. NCS cannot submit the letter on your behalf.
Please address your letter to the “Members of the Schwarzman Scholars Program Selection Committee”
- How does the applicant meet the Schwarzman criteria? What is outstanding about their scholarship, leadership, and/or character?
- Why is China the best place for them to study?
- How does their study plan fit into their future ambitions?
- What examples can you share that illustrate your strong endorsement for the candidate?
- How does this applicant compare to other people you have taught/supervised?